June 2 - July 31, 2018
Adults - Teens - Kids - Families
Reading takes you everywhere and so can the Summer Reading Challenge.
Register in person starting June 2 and receive a reading log.
- Kids will receive one ticket for every 100 minutes read. Read 800 minutes to complete the challenge. Read 3 more books to earn 3 extra drawing tickets.
- Teens will receive one drawing ticket for every book read. Read 5 books to complete the challenge. Read 3 more books to earn 3 extra drawing tickets.
- Adults receive one drawing ticket after reading five books.
- Monday, June 18 is the first day to return your booklog.
- Booklog must be stamped by Tuesday, July 31 at 9 p.m. to receive reward.
- Once you reach your goal, read additional books to earn chances to win.
Reading Takes You Everywhere Summer Reading Challenge Events
Attention All Students
All students who attend schools within the Village of Orland Park that have been visited by the Orland Park Public Library for summer reading promotion may register for the Reading Takes You Everywhere summer reading challenge. Students must present a current library card from their home library.
- Reading takes you everywhere and so can the summer reading challenge.
- Fifteen local businesses have partnered with the library to be locations in our scavenger hunt.
- Get your list of locations from the Youth Services desk when you sign up for the Summer Reading Challenge.
- You have eight weeks to find all the hidden clues.
- Those who complete the scavenger hunt will receive a beach ball and a chance to win a drawing!