Whose Lane is It? Sharing the Road with Bicyclists
June 4 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Whether you drive a car, ride a bike, or both, you’ll learn out how to make the roads safe for everyone! You’re invited to attend a FREE, informative, and educational webinar hosted by the Orland Park Public Library on Tuesday, June 4 at 3 p.m. The sessions is entitled “Whose Lane is it? Sharing the Road with Cyclists”.
This Bicycle Friendly Driver program developed by the League of American Bicyclists is an interactive class aimed at educating all drivers on the best and safest ways to share the road with people on bicycles. If you ride a bike, drive a car, or both, join us for this informative and educational session to help make the roads safer for all users.
Dave Simmons, president of Friends of Cycling in Elk Grove, and Executive Director of Ride Illinois, will lead this session and discuss the best and safest ways for motorists and cyclists to share the same space. This session includes the following topics, and more!
• Why sharing the road is the safest alternative for both motorists and bicyclists
• What’s legal and what’s not legal, for both motorists and bicyclists
• Common crashes and how to avoid them
• Why bicyclists “take the lane” and what motorists should do in response
• How to navigate bicycle related infrastructure such as: sharrows, bike boxes, and green lanes.
Please click the link below to join the zoom webinar:
Webinar ID: 826 1757 4109