Reference Librarian 1
Youth Services Department
We are seeking an innovative and service-oriented professional responsible for reference, reader’s advisory and programming. This part-time position gives the applicant an opportunity to work in a large library with a strong commitment to children, teens and caregivers.
- Provides reference and readers’ advisory service using print and electronic resources
- Develops and conducts programming, book discussions and/or school visits
- Is regularly scheduled at the Youth Services’ public service desks
- Possess knowledge of reference and readers’ advisory services
- Possess knowledge of children’s and teens’ literature
Extensive knowledge of bibliographic tools and reference resources in both print and electronic formats
- Experience in current technology including Microsoft Windows, Internet, Email (Outlook and webmail), MS Office suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science or currently enrolled in an MLIS program
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
- Access to transportation
Position is part-time at 12 – 18 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends.
Starting salary is $22.62 per hour.
Applicants for all positions are subject to a background check.
Orland Park Public Library
14921 Ravinia Avenue
Orland Park, IL 60462
Please indicate Reference Librarian I on the application and subject line of electronic submissions.
Position open until filled.
The Orland Park Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: January 25, 2019