Ebooks & Digital Services
Looking for ebooks, magazines, or movies for your digital device? We have several collections to choose from. You need a current Orland Park Public Library Card, a valid email address, and an internet connection.
- Ebooks, Audiobooks and Magazines: Check out ebooks, audiobooks, or magazines for up to two weeks using Libby. Limit 5 loans at a time for ebooks and audiobooks. Magazines do not count towards the loan limit.
You may access Libby by visiting orlandparklibrary.overdrive.com or by downloading the Libby app on your phone or on your tablet.
Need help? Our librarians would be happy to assist you. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (708) 428-5150, or stop by the Adult Services desk for a one-on-one demonstration.
For help with downloading the Libby app, visit help.libbyapp.com.
For assistance with accessing Libby on a computer, watch this getting started video.
Note For Overdrive Users:
The original OverDrive app will be discontinued soon. Now is the time to switch to Libby! The OverDrive app will be removed from the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Microsoft Store in February 2022. While the OverDrive app will continue to work, it will be discontinued at the end of the year.
Find more answers at: https://resources.overdrive.com/libby-faqs/
- Digital Movies, Music, Comics, Ebooks, and Audiobooks: Hoopla features a wide range of streaming video, music, ebooks, e-audiobooks, and graphic novels for adults and kids. Hoopla materials are available on demand, so there’s no waiting–read, listen, or watch anytime, anywhere. Use the Hoopla app or website to download or stream digital media to compatible devices.
Audiobooks and ebooks checkout for 3 weeks, music albums checkout for 1 week, and movies/tv checkout for 3 days. Limit 10 borrows per patron per month.
Learn more at hoopladigital.com.
For assistance with accessing Hoopla on a computer, watch this getting started video.
A collection of ebooks that is available to any Illinois resident. Working across all mobile and web platforms and offering unlimited multi-user access, this service’s content grows daily and features works from traditional publishers, historical archives, cultural institutions, and independent authors.
New: BiblioBoard offers an Open Access platform! This platform includes an assortment of rich historical and carefully curated multimedia content, as well as high-quality open access journals, textbooks, and other open educational resources.
The BiblioBoard platform features four collections:
- Recovering the Classics: featuring public-domain classics from world literature, with modern cover images.
- Popup Picks: featuring titles that will change quarterly and will include hand-curated ebooks from expert librarian curators.
- The Bodleian Library collection: featuring items from Oxford University’s Bodleian Library.
- The Biblioboard Core collection: featuring articles, images, books, etc. spanning a wide range of topics.
Also, you can search our catalog for a single title or author, or search“recovering the classics” to display the entire list (102 ebooks). You may read the book right away as a guest or create an account and read it.