Finding Job Opportunities
- brainfuse Job Now hosts nationwide job seeker resources that include several job board websites, split into three categories: general, student/recent graduate, and veterans.
- EBSCO Learning Express Library offers a home base for a few job board websites, including Indeed and USAJOBS.
- The Careers College offers tutorials on conducting a job search with tips on understanding the hiring process and how to network for job opportunities.
Resume and Cover Letter Creation
- brainfuse Job Now offers resume templates that patrons can access to tailor their job experience. Additionally, there is a Resume Lab where patrons can submit their resumes to be reviewed and receive expert feedback.
- EBSCO Learning Express Library offers resume and cover letter templates along with tutorials to help patrons build their resumes and cover letters.
- The Careers College offers tutorials on how to create resumes and cover letters.
- brainfuse Job Now offers interview tips and live interview coaching practice. Live coaches are available every day from 2:00 PM – 11:00 PM CDT.
- EBSCO Learning Express Library offers tutorials on how to “Interview with Confidence” and follow up after an interview.
- The Careers College offers modules on preparing for a job interview and what to do during a job interview.
Skills Inventory and Career Match
- brainfuse Job Now offers links to a few career assessment websites that can identify possible occupations and careers to consider.
- EBSCO Learning Express Library offers an interest and skills matcher to determine what occupations are great matches for you. They also provide opportunities to explore occupations and see various occupation categories such as in-demand jobs, green jobs, and military-to-civilian jobs.
- The Careers College offers modules on exploring new career options and brainstorming what careers best suit your skills.
Learning New Skills
- brainfuse Job Now offers videos and resources on many of the skills you need for specific jobs such as Marketing Manager, Healthcare Assistant, and more.
- Mango Languages offers courses in over 70 languages to help you learn a new language or brush up on your skills.
- LinkedIn Learning offers over 16,000 expert-led, online tutorials to help you learn business, software, technology, and creative skills.
- Gale Courses offers a wide range of asynchronous classes such as Accounting Fundamentals, Start Your Own Business, Web Design, and Grant Writing.
Other Job Resources
- Illinois Job Link – This website provided by the American JobCenter Network offers a quick job search, career planner, and more.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – This website provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics offers in-depth information about most occupations available within the United States, including median pay, job outlook, and work environment.
- LiveCareer.com – This website provides information and templates for resumes and cover letters. It also has resources for finding a job opportunity and articles about the job search.
- Kickresume – This website provides resume, cover letter, and website templates as well as resume examples of people hired by specific companies such as Amazon, Deloitte, and Apple.
- WillRobotsTakeMyJob.com – This humorous website determines the likelihood of a robot taking over a career