SUMMER READING 2021
Reading Colors Your World
June – July
You have until Saturday, August 7, to submit your drawing slips in Beanstack.
To kick off the Summer Reading Challenge, the library will host multiple activities June 1 – 5.
- Stop by any time starting this week to register for the Summer Reading Challenge and pick up your reading log.
- All virtual programs and the Summer Reading Challenge are open to everyone.
- Take & Make craft kits and in-person outdoor programs are limited to Orland Park residents only.
- Some programs will be virtual while others may be in-person and held outdoors.
- Some programs will be open while others may require registration.
- Outdoor programs will have several sessions in order to allow the most people, yet stay socially distanced.
- Adults can stop by the Adult Services Desk to sign up for the Summer Reading Challenge, participate in trivia, a scavenger hunt, get a book match, or pick up a craft kit.
- Stop by the lobby to donate to our Craft Swap, and you may even catch some live music.
Kids: Birth- Grade 5
This summer we want you to read some fantastic books that will take you on journeys to new worlds, people, and experiences. If you read for 800 minutes, which averages to 100 minutes a week, you will receive a fabulous prize and earn drawing slips to enter to win one of our mystery prizes. You can get extra drawing slips by reading more minutes.
All logging will take place on Beanstack, but you can pick up a reading log at the Junior Desk to help you keep track.
Teens: Grades 6-12
Reading gives you a chance to put yourself into the place of an unlimited amount of characters. We want to reward you for your reading! If you read 5 books over the summer, you will receive a fabulous prize and earn drawing slips to enter to win one of our mystery prizes. You can get extra drawing slips by reading more books or participating in our Teen Digital Book Discussion on Goodreads. Ask a librarian how to make an account.
All logging will take place on Beanstack, but you can pick up a reading log at the Teen Services Desk to help you keep track.
Adults: Ages 18+
It’s time for a colorful journey! Read at least 5 books to complete the challenge and receive a fabulous prize and a ticket to enter one of our amazing drawings! Read up to 10 more books to get extra tickets and chances to win!
Sign up on Beanstack or at the Adult Services desk. Reading logs are also available if you prefer to log the “old fashioned way!”
Drawing tickets can be entered to win gift cards. Gift card prizes have been purchased from local Orland Park businesses.