Your Library & the Coronavirus
As of Thursday, April 8, the library is no longer quarantining returned materials. See the library’s reopening plan here. The library is open normal hours without an appointment or a time limit on your visit. Orland Park Public Library cardholders may use the study rooms for two hours at a time, and only one patron may be in the study room at a time. Orland Park cardholders may use the computers for two hours at a time. Non-residents will return to the existing policy of a one-hour limit with a cost of $3.
Grab ‘n Go is available between 9 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturdays; 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Sundays. Please submit this form to tell library staff you would like to use Grab n’ Go service.
Please make sure to wear a face covering while visiting the library.
If you think you might be sick call your doctor, and read the steps outlined by the CDC .
News From More Local Agencies
- Orland School District 135 Coronavirus page
- Consolidated High School District 230 Coronavirus page
- Kirby School District 140 Coronavirus update
- Orland Township Food Pantry information
- PLOWS Council on Aging preparedness for seniors page
- Cook County Department of Public Health Coronavirus updates
eBooks and Digital Items
Digital Items can still be checked out here with your library card number.
- eBooks and Audiobooks
- Digital Magazines and Audiobooks
- Digital Movies, Music, Comics, eBooks, and Audiobooks
Book drops are now open.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cough and sneeze in the crook of your elbow, or a tissue, then throw that tissue in the trash and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.